Computing and Safer Internet Use
Leigh C of E Academy
ICT Vision Statement
Our vision is to ensure that all children leave our school with a love and understanding for computing and technology. Computing has links with mathematics, science, and design and technology, and provides our children with the skills to access technology in our everyday lives.
We aim to fulfil the National Curriculum requirements for computing through the use of the Switched On To Computing Scheme of work supplemented by appropriate Apps, laptops and iPads. Progressive keyboard and computing skills are also taught and used to support learning in a cross curricular capacity. We also ensure that the children are able to understand why and how they can use the internet safely using the Be Internet Legends Literature.
At Leigh Church of England Academy we will provide all children with the highest quality ICT education we can by:
- Providing teaching that inspires a love of ICT
- Showing children how ICT can help make sense of the world around us
- Ensuring children understand computing concepts and can apply them to everyday problems.
- Providing emerging technological resources to help develop computing learning
- Provide real life and cross curricular examples to embed computing skills, knowledge and understanding
- Ensuring that all children are aware of their responsibility to keep themselves and others safe in an ever expanding world of technology and social networking
- Offering children a variety of high quality learning experiences through a broad and balanced curriculum
We are an inclusive school; we set high expectations and aim to provide accurate and regular assessment to support individuals at every part of their learning journey.
We will enable all children to ‘aim ever higher’ and make progress in ICT