In maths we will be covering a variety of units within Maths No Problem, including ‘Numbers to 10 Million’, ‘Four Operations on Whole Numbers’, ‘Fractions’ and ‘Decimals’.
Numbers to 10 Million:
- Reading and writing numbers to 10 million;
- Comparing numbers to 10 million;
- Rounding numbers.
Four Operations on Whole Numbers:
- Using mixed operations;
- Multiplying by 2-digit Numbers
- Estimating products of large numbers;
- Dividing by 2-digit numbers;
- Solving word problems;
- Finding common multiples;
- Finding common factors;
- Finding prime numbers.
- Simplifying fractions;
- Comparing and ordering fractions;
- Adding and subtracting fractions;
- Multiplying fractions;
- Dividing a fraction by a whole number.
- Writing and reading decimals;
- Dividing whole numbers;
- Writing fractions as decimals;
- Multiplying decimals;
- Dividing decimals;
- Multiplying a decimal by a 2-digit whole number;
- Dividing a decimal by a 2-digit whole number.
All lessons follow the Maths No Problem Structure, extended by the use of challenge questions.
Alongside daily maths lessons, we also incorporate separate arithmetic sessions, which focus on core arithmetic skills, but also incorporate learning about percentages and algebra, as well as strengthening their knowledge of BODMAS.
Children complete an arithmetic test each Thursday morning to consolidate their skills and get them used to completing arithmetic questions within a set period of time.