In science will be covering:
- Classifying Organisms
- Inheritance and Evolution
Within classifying organisms, we:
- group organisms according to their characteristics;
- identify the work of Carl Linneaus;
- explain the structure of the classification system;
- explore different types of micro-organisms;
- explain how they can both be helpful and harmful.
Whilst learning about inheritance and evolution we:
- understand aspects of inheritance;
- identify how plants and animals are adapted to suit their environments in different ways, which may lead to evolution;
- investigate the work of Charles Darwin, including observing animals as he would have;
- identify how fossils can provide evidence of evolution;
- identify factors that can affect a species evolution and identify how human behaviour can affect change in species over time.
This afternoon, we completed a practical investigation into why certain birds were suited to particular habitats based on their beak shape and size. Lots of fun in trying to 'eat' different foods, but understanding why some are better than others.