In science will be covering:
- Seeing Light
- Healthy Bodies
Within ‘Seeing Light’, we:
- Review understanding of light and shadow and to explore how light travels.
- Investigate how we see things through light entering the eyes.
- Explore how light can be reflected and change direction.
- Investigate reflections from a variety of surfaces.
- Investigate how refraction changes the direction in which light travels.
- Investigate how a prism changes a ray of light.
Whilst learning about ‘Healthy Bodies’ we:
- Find out how scientific ideas about food and diet were tested in the past and how this has contributed to our knowledge of a balanced diet.
- Investigate different food groups and find out why a variety of foods is important for a healthy diet.
- Investigate how nutrients and oxygen are transported in the human body.
- Investigate what happens to the heart when we exercise and why.
- Investigate how muscles move the skeleton and how this influences blood flow.
- Investigate the effects of an unhealthy lifestyle on the heart.
During both of these topics we complete role play and practical learning experiences, including a heart dissection, to help children understand the core scientific processes and key aspects of learning.