In Science this term we will be learning about:
- Earth & Space
- Properties and Changes of Materials
Within Earth & Space we will:
- Describe the Sun, Earth and Moon as approximately spherical bodies.
- Find out about the size of the Earth, Sun and Moon and how far away from each other they are.
- Use the idea of the Earth’s rotation to explain day and night and the apparent movement of the Sun across the sky.
- Use data to draw conclusions about the Sun at different times of the year.
- Describe the movement of the Earth, and other planets, relative to the Sun in the Solar System.
- Describe the movement of the Moon relative to the Earth.
Within Properties and Changes of Materials we will:
- Learn that some materials will dissolve in liquid to form a solution and describe how to recover a substance from a solution.
- Learn that some changes of state and dissolving and mixing processes can be reversed through filtering, sieving and evaporating.
- Explain that some changes form new materials, and that these changes are not usually reversible.
- Explain that some changes, caused by heating or cooling form new materials, and that these changes are often not reversible
- Explain that changes caused by burning form new materials, and that these changes are not reversible.
- Compare and group together everyday materials on the basis of their properties.