Three tasks to send in today: English, Maths and Geography. Remember to send in all parts of the task and read the tasks and questions carefully.
You Tube video links sent on Marvellous Me –
9:00 – 10:00 English (SEND IN)
LO: To develop a rich understanding of words associated with houses.
This is lesson 3 of 8 in our final writing unit of the ‘Golden Compass’. If you haven’t completed the other lessons, go back to last Friday’s lesson and complete the sequence of lessons from that point before attempting this lesson. In this lesson, you will be introduced to new vocabulary, identify word pairs and synonyms and apply this vocabulary in sentences.
- Follow the lesson through using the worksheet to guide you through the mini-tasks. Make sure you look up any words that you are unsure of using a thesaurus online.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
As above, but use the supported worksheet below. NO need to compleet the last task she discusses on the video. :)
10:00 – 10:45 Reading
LO: To analyse a character. (Holes)
Today you will think about specific word choices, reading around the word for understanding, and why the author has chosen them. Use the worksheet provided to help guide you through the mini-tasks throughout the lesson.
11:00 – 12:00 Maths (SEND IN) You Tube ‘Help Video’ link sent on Marvellous Me
Maths No Problem
LO: To generate and describe number patterns.
Make sure you have the You Tube video that goes over the ‘In Focus’, but also the ‘Guided Practice’ and the worksheet if needed.
- Go through the ‘In Focus’ task with me on the video. Look for patterns.
- Complete the ‘Guided Practice’ on the worksheet, with me on the video. Remember that you can type into the text boxes that I’ve put in for you.
- Worksheet. Complete all questions – there’s only 2!
Extension: Complete the challenge question.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
LO: To develop strategies to plan and solve problems (Part 1)
In this lesson you will exploring a series of shapes which grow in size by spotting patterns to find the rule of the pattern.
- Watch the video (start at 10 mins in) and work through the main learning with sequences (starting at ‘Blocky Dogs’).
- Complete the independent learning on ‘Slide 3, 4 and 5’ by completing the missing terms in the sequence.
- Have a go at the exit quiz.
1:00 – 2:00 GEOGRAPHY (SEND IN) You Tube ‘Help Video’ link sent on Marvellous Me
LO: To find out about seas and coasts of the UK.
In this lesson, you will be looking at the seas that surround the UK and learn the difference between an ‘ocean’ and ‘sea’. A coastline is the point where the land meets the sea and you will look at how varied our coastline around the UK is, looking at some of it’s features.
- Read the information in the slideshow.
- Complete the task on the worksheet.
2:00 – 2:30 SPELLING
LO: To investigate /ee/ sound spelt ‘ie’ or ‘ei’.
In this lesson, you will explore the rules associated with /ee/ sound spelt 'ie' or 'ei'. 10 spelling words will be explained and set to learn.
2:30 – 3:00 FRENCH
Today, you will be learning to say and count up animals in French, when you click on the ‘Click here to start the lesson’ button.
Remember to click on the key words section to go through the new vocabulary that you have learned also. You may need to click on the three vertical dots next to the words and choose play from the drop down menu so that you can hear Emilie saying them. Bon chance!