Three tasks to send in today: English, Maths and Geography. Remember to send in all parts of the task and read the tasks and questions carefully.
You Tube videos sent on Marvellous Me - Reading: Orphans of the Tide, Information & Chapter 1
Geography: Task help and explanation
Don't forget to 'LIKE' them. :)
9:00 – 10:00 English (SEND IN)
LO: To write a diary (Part 1)
This is lesson 6 of a unit of 8. If you have not completed the lessons in order since last Thursday - go back to that lesson and work through otherwise today's learning won't make sense. In this lesson, you will learn how to use dashes for parenthesis. Embedded just means that it is in the middle of the main clause – it splits it.
Next, you will analyse some model diary entry writing before writing the first three parts of the film clip as a diary.
- Follow the lesson through.
- Use the attached worksheet to help you write the first three parts of your diary.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
As above, but ignore the dashes sentence work to begin. Use the worksheet below.
10:00 – 10:45 Reading
LO: To engage with the text. (Holes)
This is lesson 1 of 5. Today you will begin a new 5 lesson unit, which is based on a different book: Holes by Louis Sachar. You will read the opening chapters. Use the worksheet provided to help guide you through the mini-tasks throughout the lesson.
11:00 – 12:00 Maths (SEND IN)
LO: Solve problems involving scale factor in shapes.
In this lesson you will be soling problems involving scale factor.
- Follow the main teaching in the video. Make sure you pause the video when prompted to complete the questions throughout. See the worksheet attached where I have copied each task into a Word document that you can type straight onto, under the heading ‘guided practice’.
- Complete the independent task on the worksheet, then mark your own work after you have completed the task: the teacher goes through the answers with you in the video.
- Finally, complete the exit quiz.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
LO: Recognising Common Decimal Equivalents
- Have a go at the intro quiz.
- Watch the video and work through the lesson, where you will explore and identify common decimal equivalents (quarter, half and three quarters).
- Complete the ‘independent practise’ by looking at the grid to find equivalent fractions and decimals that are next to each other. You don’t need to print it out. Just write the pairs down. Check your answers wityh the teacher.
- Have a go at the exit quiz.
1:00 – 2:00 GEOGRAPHY (SEND IN) You Tube ‘Help Video’ available
LO: To find out about the hills and mountains of the UK.
In this lesson you will be learning about the difference between a mountain and a hill, how mountains are formed, what a topographical map is as well as learning about major mountain ranges in the UK and their locations.
- Read through the information on the slideshow.
- Complete the worksheet by creating a bar chart and answering the questions.
2:00 – 2:30 SPELLING
LO: To practise and apply knowledge of suffixes: -ial, including test.
In this lesson, you will recap the rules associated with adding the suffix -ial, look at words that are exceptions to the rules and learn a spelling practice strategy. The 10 spelling words set in the previous lesson will be revisited and tested.
2:30 – 3:00 FRENCH
Today, you will be learning the names of animals in French with Emilie, when you click on the ‘Click here to start the lesson’ button.
Remember to click on the key words section to go through the new vocabulary that you have learned also. You may need to click on the three vertical dots next to the words and choose play from the drop down menu so that you can hear Emilie saying them. Bon chance!