In maths we will be covering a variety of units within Maths No Problem, including 'Further multiplication and division', 'Graphs', 'Fractions', 'Time' and 'Decimals'.
Further multiplication and division:
- Multiplying 3 digit numbers
- Dividing 3 digit numbers
- Drawing picture graphs and bar graphs
- Reading picture graphs and bar graphs
- Drawing and reading line graphs
- Counting in hundredths
- Finding equivalent fractions
- Simplifying mixed fractions
- Simplifying improper fractions
- Adding fractions
- Subtracting fractions
- Telling time on a 24-hour clock
- Changing minutes to seconds
- Changing hours to minutes
- Changing years into months and weeks into days
- Writing tenths
- Writing hundredths
- Writing decimals
- Comparing and ordering decimals
- Rounding decimals
- Dividing whole numbers by 10
- Dividing whole numbers by 100
All lessons follow the Maths No Problem Structure, extended by the use of challenge questions.
Alongside daily maths lessons, we also incorporate separate arithmetic sessions, which focus on core arithmetic skills. These are based on the learning they have covered in previous years, and as we get further into the year, things that have been covered in year 4.
Children complete 10 arithmetic questions every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday afternoon to consolidate their skills and get them used to completing arithmetic questions within a set period of time.