Two tasks to send in today: English and Maths. Remember to send in all parts of the task and read the tasks and questions carefully.
You Tube video sent by email –
Year 6 Zoom Meeting tomorrow at 11.15 with Mental Health Schools Team:
Click the link below if you have already got Zoom downloaded on your laptop.
9:00 – 10:00 Maths (SEND IN) You Tube Video
Maths No Problem
LO: To calculate the area of parallelograms.
Make sure you have the You Tube video that goes over the ‘In Focus’, but also the ‘Guided Practice’ and the worksheet if needed. SHOW WORKINGS throughout!
- Go through the ‘In Focus’ task with me on the video.
- Complete the ‘Guided Practice’ – write the answers on the Word document.
- Worksheet. Complete – all 3 questions.
Extension: Complete the challenge question.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
LO: Draw shapes of a given perimeter.
In this lesson you will learn how to construct shapes using a given perimeter.
- Try the ‘Intro Quiz’.
- Have a go at the warm-up and ‘Task 1’ by creating rectilinear shapes: use the worksheet with the dot grid.
- Work through the main learning.
- Complete the task by drawing the shapes you are instructed to. Again – use the grids provided on the worksheets.
Extension: Think carefully through the questions at the end.
10:00 – 10:45 Reading
LO: To form an initial impression of a song. (London Is The Place For Me by Lord Kitchener)
Today we are starting a new unit of work on a song! You will read some of the lyrics and reflect on the style of music, then generate your own questions about it. You will also look at the historical context of the song to help you understand it. There is no worksheet for today – it would be great if you make your own notes about the musician and author and the historical context of the song though.
11:00 – 12:00 English (SEND IN)
LO: To investigate French and Greek etymology.
This is lesson 2 of 10. If you haven’t completed lesson 1, then go back and complete it before beginning today’s lesson. In this lesson, you will investigate French and Greek etymology with the teacher. Everyone will be completing the same tasks today.
- Follow the lesson through, using the worksheet to complete the mini-tasks throughout.
1:00 – 2:00 PSHE
The puzzle piece this half term is Being Healthy. This week you will be thinking about taking responsibility for being healthy. Click on the link to find out about Mrs Entwistle’s lesson for this week.
- Write a reply to the three problems sent in to you as an ‘Agony Aunt’.
2:00 – 3:00 PE
This week Mr Ashby would like you to choose from the six PE challenges uploaded below:
- Shuttle Run
- Tissue Dance
- Toilet Roll Boules
- Zig Zag
- Ladder Challenge
- Balance Challenge
You will need to use your skills of balance, speed, agility and co - ordination.
If you can take a picture of you doing the activities, then Mr Ashby would love to see them.