I will be in a meeting this afternoon.
Three tasks to send in today: English, Maths and History. Remember to send in all parts of the task and read the tasks and questions carefully.
You Tube video sent by email –
9:00 – 10:00 Maths (SEND IN) You Tube Video
Maths No Problem
LO: To calculate the area of triangles.
Make sure you have the You Tube video that goes over the ‘In Focus’, but also the ‘Guided Practice’ and the worksheet if needed. SHOW WORKINGS throughout!
- Go through the ‘In Focus’ task with me on the video.
- Complete the ‘Guided Practice’ – write the answers on the Word document. Think carefully about which way round we are calculating – and why.
- Worksheet. Complete – all 4 questions. Think carefully about which way round we are calculating – and why.
Extension: Complete the challenge question.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
LO: Calculate the perimeter of rectangles in centimetres and metres.
In this lesson you will learn to convert between metres and centimetres and then use this knowledge to calculate perimeter.
- Work through the warm-up.
- Work through the main learning.
- Complete the task by completing the table for each shape. Check your answers as the teacher goes through them.
10:00 – 10:45 Reading
LO: To consider the author’s purpose and intended audience. (London Is The Place For Me by Lord Kitchener)
Today you will think about the musician’s purpose when writing the song and who the audience might have been in relation to the historical context.
- Complete the worksheet and the mini tasks as you work through the lesson.
11:00 – 12:00 English (SEND IN)
LO: To explore the functions of a colon.
This is lesson 3 of 10. If you haven’t completed the other lessons, then go back and complete them before beginning today’s lesson. In this lesson, you will explore why we use colons in writing.
- Follow the lesson through, using the worksheet to complete the mini-tasks throughout.
As above, but use the supported worksheet below.
1:00 – 2:00 HISTORY (SEND IN)
LO: To find out where the Kingdom of Benin was and about the time period we will be exploring.
In this lesson you will be introduced to A LOT of information, which is why there is no spelling lesson this afternoon.
- Read through the information on the slideshow. Really TAKE YOUR TIME to understand the information and link the information clearly in your head – why not take notes as you work through. Focus on where it is and the major events in its timeline.
- Build the ‘Benin Timeline’ by clicking and dragging the events onto the timeline in the correct order.
Extension: See questions on worksheet.
2:30 – 3:00 FRENCH
Today, you will be revising how to say numbers from 0 – 11, including saying simple addition and subtraction number sentences in French, when you click on the ‘Click here to start the lesson’ button.
Remember to click on the key words section to go through the new vocabulary that you have learned also. You may need to click on the three vertical dots next to the words and choose play from the drop down menu so that you can hear the teacher saying them. Bon chance!