In maths we will be covering a variety of units within Maths No Problem, including 'Numbers to 10,000', 'Addition and Subtraction within 10,000', 'Multiplication and Division' and 'Further Multiplication and Division'.
Numbers to 10,000:
- Counting in hundreds, twenty fives and thousands
- Comparing and ordering numbers up to 10,000
- Counting in sixes, sevens and nines
- Rounding to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000
Addition and Subtraction within 10,000:
- Adding without renaming
- Adding with renaming
- Adding using mental strategies
- Subtracting without renaming
- Subtracting with renaming
- Subtracting using mental strategies
Multiplication and division:
- Multiplying and dividing by 6
- Multiplying and dividing by 7
- Multiplying and dividing by 9
- Multiplying and dividing by 11
- Multiplying and dividing by 12
- Dividing with remainders
- Word problems
Further multiplication and division:
- Multiplying by 0 and 1
- Dividing by 1
- Multiplying 3 numbers
- Multiplying 3-digit numbers
All lessons follow the Maths No Problem Structure, extended by the use of challenge questions.
Alongside daily maths lessons, we also incorporate separate arithmetic sessions, which focus on core arithmetic skills. These are based on the learning they have covered in previous years, and as we get further into the year, things that have been covered in year 4.
Children complete 10 arithmetic questions every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday afternoon to consolidate their skills and get them used to completing arithmetic questions within a set period of time.