Three tasks to send in today: English, Reading and Maths. Remember to send in all parts of the task and read the tasks and questions carefully.
You Tube video sent on Marvellous Me - Reading: Orphans of the Tide, Chapter 2.
9:00 – 10:00 English (SEND IN)
LO: To generate vocabulary.
Today we are starting our final block of work within our ‘Golden Compass’ unit - this is lesson 1 of 8 - so you don't need to have completed other lessons for it to make sense. At the end of this block of work we will have written a short section of the story, after building our knowledge of speech punctuation and improving our vocabulary.
- Follow the lesson through.
- Complete the table on the worksheet.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
As above, but use the worksheet below.
10:00 – 10:45 Reading (SEND IN)
LO: To analyse a character. (Holes)
This is lesson 3 of 5. If you haven't completed the other lessons, then go back to Wednesday's lesson which is the first one. Today you will analyse the main character using your inference and retrieval skills. Use the worksheet provided to help guide you through the mini-tasks throughout the lesson.
11:00 – 12:00 Maths (SEND IN)
LO: Solve problems involving the relative size of two quantities (Part 2).
In this lesson you will be solving problems involving the relative size of two quantities, where multi-step scaling is necessary.
- Follow the main teaching in the video. Make sure you pause the video when prompted to complete the questions throughout. See the worksheet attached where I have copied each task into a Word document that you can type straight onto, under the heading ‘guided practice’.
- Complete the independent task on the worksheet, then mark your own work after you have completed the task: the teacher goes through the answers with you in the video.
- Finally, complete the exit quiz.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
LO: Number sequences (Part 1)
In this lesson you will be identifying sequences – whether they are increasing or decreasing. You will also learn the rule to get from one term to the next, and continue the sequence, as well as finding missing terms.
- Watch the video (START at 6mins 30 secs!) and work through the lesson. Ignore the maths puzzle!
- Complete the ‘independent practise’ by completing the missing terms in the sequence (slide 4) and creating 5 number sequences (slide 5).
- Have a go at the exit quiz.
Use this time to catch up with any work you didn’t get a chance to do throughout the week, do some extra practise with something you found challenging or to investigate an area you found interesting.
And BREATH! Take some time to feel proud of yourself and recognise how well you have done. Choose an activity that you love doing, like colouring, drawing, playing a game, cooking, walking or reading and ENJOY IT. We are ALL proud of you. You really deserve this time for you!
Well done on another excellent week of home learning. The quality of work that I'm being sent is great! Thank you to all PARENTS and CARERS for all your support helping the children stay on track and keep them positive. You are all doing an amazing job!