Three tasks to send in today: English, Maths and Science. Remember to send in all parts of the task and read the tasks and questions carefully.
You Tube video sent by email – they may be a little later today, as I will need to do them at school this morning, upload and then send.
9:00 – 10:00 Maths (SEND IN) You Tube Video
Maths No Problem
LO: To calculate the area of parallelograms using a formula.
Make sure you have the You Tube video that goes over the ‘In Focus’, but also the ‘Guided Practice’ and the worksheet if needed. SHOW WORKINGS throughout!
- Go through the ‘In Focus’ task with me on the video.
- Complete the ‘Guided Practice’ – write the answers on the Word document.
- Worksheet. Complete – all questions.
Extension: Complete the challenge question.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
LO: Understand that area is a measure of surface and is measured in square units (Part 1).
In this lesson you will look at the difference between perimeter and area and learn a strategy for calculating area.
- Complete the ‘warm-up’.
- Work through the main learning.
- Complete the task by estimating then measuring two objects – make sure they aren’t too big!
10:00 – 10:45 Arithmetic
- Complete Paper 8.
- Self-mark your work: can you find one great mistake that you made?
- Choose one of the questions you made a mistake with and find a video online (Corbett Maths is great!) to help you practise the skill.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
As above, but using the Test 2 below.
11:00 – 12:00 English (SEND IN)
LO: To retrieve information from a non-fiction text (Part 2).
This is lesson 6 of 10. If you haven’t completed the other lessons, then go back and complete them before beginning today’s lesson. In this lesson, you will practise writing sentences from notes. You will then continue to make notes about Charles Darwin. Everyone is completing the same task today.
- Follow the lesson through, using the worksheet to complete the mini-tasks throughout.
1:00 – 2:00 RE
Today you will begin investigating the scientific views of how the Universe began.
- Read the links on the worksheet to read a definition of cosmology and evolution.
- Complete the short tasks on the worksheet.
Extension: Read around the topic – can you find some good videos that explain evolution and the Big Bang at a simple level?
2:00 – 3:00 SCIENCE (SEND IN)
LO: To identify adaptive traits.
Today you will be thinking about what environments and habitats are and look at some of the different types. Next you will find out what adaptation is, before matching adaptive traits to an animal or plant and its habitat.
- Read through the PowerPoint with the main learning.
- Open the worksheet and after reading the instructions for the task, click and drag the correct information next to the right animal/plant.
Extension: Choose an environment and research the animals and plants that live there. Identify how the adaptive traits for each living creature.
Research an animal and its adaptive traits. (Polar bears are good ones to choose!)