Three tasks to send in today: English, Reading and Maths. Remember to send in all parts of the task and read the tasks and questions carefully.
You Tube video links sent by email:
9:00 – 10:00 English (SEND IN)
LO: To write a narrative scene: first part of final scene.
This is lesson 6 of 8 in our final writing unit of the ‘Golden Compass’. If you haven’t completed the other lessons, go back to last Friday’s lesson and complete the sequence of lessons from that point before attempting this lesson. In this lesson, you write a compound sentence to use later in your writing. You will analyse model writing for the scene before writing your own narrative for the first part of the final scene.
- Follow the lesson through, using the worksheet below to complete the mini-tasks throughout the lesson.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
As above, but use the worksheet below.
10:00 – 10:45 Reading (SEND IN)
LO: To make inferences about characters in the book. (Goodnight Mister Tom)
Today you will learn some historically specific vocabulary and then read and answer a few questions from Chapter 1 of Goodnight Mister Tom. Use the worksheet provided to help guide you through the mini-tasks throughout the lesson.
11:00 – 12:00 Maths (SEND IN) You Tube ‘Help Video’ sent by email
Maths No Problem
LO: To express a missing number algebraically.
Make sure you have the You Tube video that goes over the ‘In Focus’, but also the ‘Guided Practice’ and the worksheet if needed.
- Go through the ‘In Focus’ task with me on the video.
- Complete the ‘Guided Practice’ on the worksheet, with me on the video. Remember that you can type into the text boxes that I’ve put in for you.
- Worksheet. Complete questions 1 and 2. If you feel confident complete all 4.
Extension: Complete the challenge question.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
LO: To develop strategies to plan and solve problems (Part 3)
In this lesson you will exploring a series of shapes which grow in size by spotting patterns to find the rule of the pattern by working logically.
- Ignore the maths puzzle. Complete the ‘To Start’ activity (Slide 2 – if you have a printer) activity.
- Work through the main learning about sequences – use ‘Slide 3’ to help you if you have a printer.
- Complete the independent learning on ‘Slide 4’ by completing the table. Try the challenge on ‘Slide 5’: use a calculator to help!
- Have a go at the exit quiz.
Use this time to catch up with any work you didn’t get a chance to do throughout the week, do some extra practise with something you found challenging or to investigate an area you found interesting.
And BREATH! Take some time to feel proud of yourself and recognise how well you have done. Choose an activity that you love doing, like colouring, drawing, playing a game, cooking, walking or reading and ENJOY IT. We are ALL proud of you. You really deserve this time for you!
WELL DONE! One more week, before half-term - gosh how quick it has gone.