Three tasks to send in today: English, Maths and Art. Remember to send in all parts of the task and read the tasks and questions carefully.
You Tube video links sent by email –
9:00 – 10:00 Maths (SEND IN) You Tube Video
Maths No Problem
LO: To calculate the area of triangles using a formula.
Make sure you have the You Tube video that goes over the ‘In Focus’, but also the ‘Guided Practice’ and the worksheet if needed. SHOW WORKINGS throughout!
- Go through the ‘In Focus’ task with me on the video.
- Complete the ‘Guided Practice’ – write the answers on the Word document. Think carefully about which measurements you need.
- Worksheet. Complete – all questions.
Extension: Complete the challenge question.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
LO: Calculate the perimeter of simple compound shapes.
In this lesson you will learn how to calculate the perimeter of compound shapes.
- Try the ‘Intro Quiz’.
- Work through the main learning.
- Complete the task by calculating the perimeter of each composite shape. Go through the answers with the teacher – did you get them right?
10:00 – 10:45 Reading
LO: To explore the author’s use of language and word meaning. (London Is The Place For Me by Lord Kitchener)
Today you will learn some strategies to help you understand new words and practise them. There is no worksheet for today, as it is easier for you to note down your thoughts with a pen and paper.
11:00 – 12:00 English (SEND IN)
LO: To retrieve information from a non-fiction text (Part 1).
This is lesson 4 of 10. If you haven’t completed the other lessons, then go back and complete them before beginning today’s lesson. In this lesson, you will look at sources of information and look at note-taking. Next, you will find information about Charles Darwin from a non-fiction text. You will all be completing the same task today.
- Follow the lesson through, using the worksheet to complete the mini-tasks throughout.
1:00 – 2:00 ART
LO: To explore what impressionism is and where and when it began. (SEND IN) You Tube Video
Today, you will be introduced to impressionism, which is a style of art.
- Read the information in the slideshow.
- Complete the worksheet – watch the You Tube video, which will help you understand some of the true or false questions.
2:00 – 3:00 MUSIC
LO: Understanding pulse and rhythm.
In this lesson you will learn about syncopation. You will learn a new song and perform syncopated rhythms.