In science will be covering:
- States of matter
Within ‘Sound’, we:
- To find out that sounds are made when objects and materials vibrate
- To investigate whether sounds can travel through different materials
- To explore the relationship between distance and volume
- To find out that some materials are effective in preventing vibrations from sound sources reaching the ear.
- To investigate how sounds can be different pitches and volumes
- To find out how the length, thickness and tightness of a string affects its pitch
- To find out how sounds can be made by air vibrating and how to change the pitch of notes produced by vibrating air.
Within 'States of matter', we:
- To compare and groups materials according to whether they are solids or liquids.
- To identify and explore the properties of gases.
- To observe that materials change shape when they are heated or cooled.
- To research the temperature in degrees Celsius at which materials change shape.
- To understand the process of evaporation
- To understand the process of condensation
- To identify the part played by evaporation and condensation in the water cycle and associate the rate of evaporation with temperature