Three tasks to send in today: English, Reading and Maths. Remember to send in all parts of the task and read the tasks and questions carefully.
Remember our colour coding:
The main explanations and tasks are in black.
If there is an easier option for the main task, this will be in green.
‘Mrs. Holdaway’s Group’ work is now in BLUE.
If there is no green or blue then it is just the one task available and everyone needs to do that.
9:00 - 10:00 English (SEND IN)
LO: To develop a rich understanding of words associated with walking.
In this lesson, you will introduce new vocabulary, identify word pairs and synonyms and apply the vocabulary in sentences.
- Write a definition of the key words you will use in today’s lesson on the worksheet. Use what she says on the video to help.
- Write a definition of meandering, stagger and trudge on the worksheet.
- Fill in the correct missing synonym of walk.
- Write your own sentences.
Remember to look at the film clip for your sentences – 9 mins 30 seconds into the next lesson.
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group (or if you want some more support)
Your task is as above; however the worksheet below has more support within it.
10:00 - 10:45 READING
LO: To consider a character’s experience.
Today you will read the next part of the story and make inferences to help you reflect upon how Kevin is feeling.
- Follow the lesson through. Write down answers to questions she asks you to.
11:00 - 12:00 MATHS
Maths No Problem (You Tube video available)
LO: To convert fractions into percentages.
Look at the ‘In Focus’ picture and after having a think, work through the ‘Let’s Learn’ to see how our friends went about trying to calculate the percentages. You don’t have to draw bar models – as long as you can see that to find 10%, we divide the whole amount by 10. Once we know 10%, we can multiply this by 4 to find 40% etc.
- Complete the guided practice – remember to send evidence in that you have completed these questions.
- Worksheet. Complete Q1 – 3. Have a go at Q4 if you can ‘see’ what you have to do. To find 5%, just halve 10%!
Extension: challenge question
Mrs. Holdaway’s Group
LO: Decimal Number Bonds
- Have a go at the intro quiz.
- Watch the video and work through the lesson, where you will use your knowledge of whole-number number bonds to solve decimal-number number bonds.
- Complete the ‘independent practise’ by completing the number bonds. Fill in the missing part. Are you going to try the challenge?
- Have a go at the exit quiz.
12:00 - 1:00 DT
LO: To explore burger buns and their suitability.
In this lesson you will be testing a range of different breads thinking about their flavour, texture, appearance, shape and suitability to hold a burger together. Which one will be best?
- Taste each bread and record your thoughts on the chart. In taste use words such as herby, bland, sweet, doughy. In texture use words such as: crunchy, soft, dense, light, chewy etc. In shape try not to just put round or flat: push yourself to use words like domed, rectangular. In appearance think about the colour or if it has a flour dusting etc.
- Answer the questions underneath the chart.
Have a go at the easier worksheet if your struggling to think of words, as it has some ideas that I've added on there to help you.
Make some of your own bread rolls using the simple recipe below or find your own recipe online.
2:00 - 3:00 MUSIC
In this lesson, we are going to explore music with 2 beats in a bar. Why not get everyone else to join in with you!