Autumn 1- Connecting Computers
In the unit learners will develop their understanding of digital devices, with an initial focus on inputs, processes, and outputs. They will also compare digital and non-digital devices. Next, learners will be introduced to computer networks, including devices that make up a network’s infrastructure, such as wireless access points and switches. Finally, learners will discover the benefits of connecting devices in a network.
- Lesson 1 How does a digital device work?
- Lesson 2 What parts make up a digital device?
- Lesson 3 How do digital devices help us?
- Lesson 4 How am I connected?
- Lesson 5 How are computers connected?
- Lesson 6 What does our school network look like?
Autumn 2- Creating Media
In this unit learners will use a range of techniques to create a stop-frame animation using tablets. Next, they will apply those skills to create a story-based animation. This unit will conclude with learners adding other types of media to their animation, such as music and text.
- Lesson 1 Can a picture move?
- Lesson 2 Frame by frame
- Lesson 3 What's the story?
- Lesson 4 Picture perfect
- Lesson 5 Evaluate and make it great!
- Lesson 6 Lights, camera, action!